Danielle Fishel answers questions about Boy Meets World on reddit.
Any behind the scenes romances?
- I dated Matthew Lawrence for a little bit when we worked together but other than that, we all felt like family. I did have a crush on every single one of those boys at one time or another though. How could I not?!
Who was the biggest ass-hole on set?
- Honestly no one was an asshole. Even all of the guest stars we had were fun, cool, easy to get along with people. If there was any “asshole drama,” I wasn’t aware of it.
Why did Minkus leave the show?
- I don’t know for sure but I think they just wanted to get away from the classic nerdy character thing we had going. Topanga also became more and more mainstream as time went by.
Were Ben Savage and Rider Strong really best friends? (God I hope so).
- Rider and Ben were always good friends. Watching them act in scenes together is one of my favorite memories. Seeing them put together the boy band dance they used to do every week for the live audience was even better! “Backstreets back, alright!!” I laugh just thinking about it.
Do you feel your career has suffered from taking the role? (type-casted).
- I don’t think my career has suffered, per se. I wouldn’t have a career w/o BMW and Topanga so I won’t ever complain. Do I think it’s hard for people to accept us as anything other than the roles we played on the show? Yes. But I’m just happy people even care after all these years. :)
P.S. Make sure you follow Rider on twitter (@onthestorm). He is incredibly smart, talented, and funny. The work he is doing now (writing, directing) is exceptional and he also has amazing book recommendations. Click on his links when he posts them…check out what he’s doing now. You’ll be happy to know that it’s just as awesome as what he did on BMW.